Thursday, March 25, 2010

Copy Editing and Proofreading


As a writer I know how important it is to use language correctly, but as a human being I know how difficult that can be. You check, double-check, and re-check that important letter, brochure, essay, or poem until you start seeing double. Or maybe you just can't get the words to pop the way you want it to.

The best remedy for writer's block or sneaky grammatical errors is to have a second (or even third) set of eyes take a look. I often find that I make mistakes when I'm too familiar with a piece. When I'm proofreading or copy editing a new document it's easy to ferret out commonly made errors, puzzle out how to make the language "pop," and find the facts that need to be checked.

I have worked as a proofreader and copy editor for Guitar World Acoustic, party promoter San Jose Nights, and for countless creative writing students at San Jose State University and Pratt Institute. To learn more about my editing style please visit my LinkedIn profile to see recommendations from my former classmates and co-workers.

For more information email me or call (650) 339-6040 today!

1 comment:

  1. Note: you need to sign into LinkedIn in order to view my recommendations.

    ReplyDelete